Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How do I restore powder coat?

Old 05-29-2020, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duoglide
I use penetrol on my plastic fenders once a year & it will last longer. Haven't used it on paint-yet. Make sure you get the one for oil based paints as there is another kind. If you read the back label the last thing it says is that it restores fiberglass.
nice suggest
Old 09-18-2020, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought I'd report back that I've used this on my plastic fenders, bumpers and running boards...I also used the penetrol on the 2012 COD JKU with factory AEV metal bumpers ...has been almost 3 weeks now and I really like the results. The painted bumpers were pretty gray and are now a nice shiny black. The JKU is parked outside so it's been holding up in the weather.

Not knocking the foam brush application (I tried it)...but using a rag was quicker and gave me great results (just make sure you use lint free).

Penetrol is the best kept secret for restoration of these parts!
Old 09-18-2020, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

Can't buy Penetrol in Canada so I found some in Home Depot Kalispell MT when I was down there. It brought my faded grey fenders up to nice black colour. Works on painted black surfaces as well so it may be worth a try on the OP's new to him bumper. It only cost $10 at HD.

Quick Reply: How do I restore powder coat?