Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How big of a tire can i fit on this?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cervelo
Umm here's my stock JK with 35" and 17x8.5s
Not saying some stuff didn't touch but...

Attachment 354210

It didn't stay this way it now looks like this

Attachment 354212

R/K 2.5"max travel kit/drive shafts/exhaust spacers blah blah thousand later walla!
I'm not saying it wouldn't work..I'm just saying I wouldn't do it without a 2.5". Too much rubbing I found.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, just saw the OP's other thread about his tires 'catching' or rubbing in 4wd on paverment.

Reaperatm,
Check out the Modified FAQ sticky on the first page. This will answer a lot of your questions. As Canadian said, we generally consider a stock JK unlifted. The Rubicons ride a little higher, but that's due to stiffer springs and shocks, not a true lift. Even if you have a Mopar branded lift, your not considered 'stock' anymore.

And welcome to the Jeep family
Old 08-14-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys! That answers my questions, my rubicon is still stock. Dang, now I need a lift kit! Any particular one you guys recommend?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reaperatm
Thanks guys! That answers my questions, my rubicon is still stock. Dang, now I need a lift kit! Any particular one you guys recommend?
That question is going to get you 5000 different answers, and everyone is going to tell you to go with the lift that they are running. There are hundreds of threads on here discussing the pro's and con's of just about every lift manufactured.

First, you need to figure out what you are wanting to do with your jeep, how much and what kind of off-roading (if any) you want to do.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Right now I have taking it off roading a couple times, nothing super serious, just 4x4 trails. I plan on getting pretty heavy into it but I would say 95% of my driving will be on road as a daily driver.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HogHoden
That question is going to get you 5000 different answers, and everyone is going to tell you to go with the lift that they are running. There are hundreds of threads on here discussing the pro's and con's of just about every lift manufactured.

First, you need to figure out what you are wanting to do with your jeep, how much and what kind of off-roading (if any) you want to do.
Originally Posted by Reaperatm
Right now I have taking it off roading a couple times, nothing super serious, just 4x4 trails. I plan on getting pretty heavy into it but I would say 95% of my driving will be on road as a daily driver.
For me the two lifts I would choose would either be:
  1. Rock Krawler
  2. TeraFlex

As this thread progresses you will get other opinions that say get this brand "x" if you do 95% on road driving, or this brand if you do hard rock crawling, etc. Personally I have used TeraFlex's 2.5" coil lift and I to, do 95% driving and never had any complaints with the lift & how it handled on or off road. Now with my 2012 I am going to try RK's 2.5" lift kit (order placed, waiting on delivery ). Both brands are great products and they have great customer service. You cant go wrong with either one.

....Budget may be another topic that comes up....For me I wanted to do it right and not worry about my initial purchase, hence why I recommend either TF or RK...Spend now or save up to get what you need the first time around.....

....Welcome to the forum....

Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 AM
JK Newbie

Its all in your goals. Myself, I run 2.5" spacers and 35" km2s and I cut my stock fender flares. There isn't many trails I have trouble on with it. If I do decide to tackle a tougher trail, I just go home and get the TJ haha.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run 2.5" spacers and 35's with cut fenders.

Joe

Quick Reply: How big of a tire can i fit on this?