Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How bad is a improper tire balance?

Old 11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad is a improper tire balance?

I just realized that after getting my rims and tire combo from Tire Rack they have all five tires mounted backwards. Every current outboard facing sidewall has the words mount facing inboard only. (Wrangler MT/R) Is this bad and should I seek getting them remounted.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jm102602
I just realized that after getting my rims and tire combo from Tire Rack they have all five tires mounted backwards. Every current outboard facing sidewall has the words mount facing inboard only. (Wrangler MT/R) Is this bad and should I seek getting them remounted.
Yes, I'd advise against driving on them until this is fixed.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NoFunRich
Yes, I'd advise against driving on them until this is fixed.
great! Thanks for the advice though.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some hardcore wheelers prefer to do this with some tires like the MT Baha Claws. As for daily driving i would not recommend.
I'd have them fix the rotation asap, fire the half wit who can't read or even see an arrow.( just think, that guy prob puts peoples rims on with an impact gun). Scary!
Depending on how many miles you have on them I might try for a replacement set of tires. They were not used as intended per manufactures instructions and therefore would technically be voided of any and all warranty. Just something to think about. Sorry and good luck. Ps the new tire rotation will make the ride a bit smoother with better MPGs.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just called Tire Rack, they are going to pay to have the tires re mounted and balanced. This is not a DD though, so maybe I should just leave it alone? Also they are an extremely rough ride going down the road right now.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jm102602
Just called Tire Rack, they are going to pay to have the tires re mounted and balanced. This is not a DD though, so maybe I should just leave it alone? Also they are an extremely rough ride going down the road right now.
Definitely have them re-mount and re-balance them and smack them for being stupid. As far as the rough ride most tire shops put way too much air in them. I would drop them to around 30 psi then do a chalk test

Quick Reply: How bad is a improper tire balance?