Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

how about this cheap upgrade?

Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is that?

Originally Posted by Mall Krawler
This is 33" tires and 3.5" of lift and at full stuff it will get up in the flair. With no lift or flat fenders I would think they would rub.

That looks like the road the Romans built and why would you do that to your Jeep.
IMHO, I agree with sethmark, the majority of us (me included) are never going to use our jeeps at max levels. 1. Because new Jeeps are expensive 2. scares the crap out of most people (passengers mostly) 3. You break stuff
I also agree with his opinion that most lifts are generally equal. I've noticed a lot of Teraflex sales going on, so I would look for the best price from a "quality" mfg get it done go riding and be happy.
Since I am one of those guys that will probably never do the stuff Sethmark or Mall Krawler will be doing, is it better to get a body lift or still go with a suspension lift. And if I go with 33's or 35's will I have to change the driveshaft, control arms etc. If so I'm stuck with my mostly stock configuration until my warranty expires.

Good Luck,

DD

Quick Reply: how about this cheap upgrade?