Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

How about a better ride?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ejyjk
I'm not on the stock suspension so it would be different. I'm not sure what the goodyears are but I know that my ProComps rode great and then I stuck these on here and the ride is harsh. You feel absolutely everything.
I didn't mean to imply you had a stock suspension, only that for the best ride, the tire SF needs to be close to matching the suspension rate to end up with the best ride. I don't know, but someone should know what is right for your BDS lift. The idea is that if the tire is too stiff, the suspension has to absorb the bump and it can't react quick enough to give the smoothest ride. A tire with the correct SF can absorb more of the bump allowing the suspension to do its job. The end result is the best possible ride. I'm no expert, but the springs, shocks and tires have to be in sync to provide the best performance.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Yeah that definitely makes sense. I think I'm going to try and go to a different tire. Its really my last option to my knowledge. Does anyone have suggestions on the best riding 37??
Old 11-14-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
I am wondering if someone can recommend a good all terrain that has a good riding, soft sidewall.
The General AT2s give a good, smooth ride.

Quick Reply: How about a better ride?