Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Houston area hard top repair

Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston area hard top repair

Well I cracked my hard top today

Does anyone know of a repair shop around Katy/Houston??? I am in a bit of a hurry to at least get it dropped off at a shop as I leave Tuesday to go back to Brasil for a while

Any input is appreciated

Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try a boat repair Shop. Good luck
Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped mine from my old '07 and was so pissed! Not sure how bad your top is, but I had to sell mine as it was just to get it out of my garage because it would have been about $500 to fix it. Good luck!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jeramiej
Well I cracked my hard top today

Does anyone know of a repair shop around Katy/Houston??? I am in a bit of a hurry to at least get it dropped off at a shop as I leave Tuesday to go back to Brasil for a while

Any input is appreciated

Thanks
Do you have any pics of the damage?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Pic of crack

It's on the passenger side rear corner and runs down to the seam behind the window, it is only on the surface and the inside is good
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	426033  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

It's on the passenger side rear corner and runs down to the seam behind the window, it is only on the surface and the inside is good
Honestly, since it isn't completely cracked all the way through, I would just get a fiberglass repair kit and do it yourself. It will save u a ton of money. You can see how to do it on YouTube, it honestly isn't real hard, just time consuming. Once you finish the repair and sand it, you can go to a dealer and get color match hardtop paint to finish it up.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fiberglass repair

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Honestly, since it isn't completely cracked all the way through, I would just get a fiberglass repair kit and do it yourself. It will save u a ton of money. You can see how to do it on YouTube, it honestly isn't real hard, just time consuming. Once you finish the repair and sand it, you can go to a dealer and get color match hardtop paint to finish it up.
I decided that since I don't leave til Tuesday I would do it myself . I got a good coat on it tonight and will let it set until the am and then hopefully sand it and paint it and be good to go
Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

I decided that since I don't leave til Tuesday I would do it myself . I got a good coat on it tonight and will let it set until the am and then hopefully sand it and paint it and be good to go
Good call. Take your time, I'm sure it will turn out great.

Quick Reply: Houston area hard top repair