Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HOT OIL LIGHT/ what do i need to fix this

Old 06-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by shriekk
what tunner do you recomend? can you link some? is there anything else i'll need other then the tunner chip/device
Superchips flashpaq or vivid. There are a ton of threads on here about them. I have the vivid and highly recommend it
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Check out the rest of the cooling system. Until you get the dedicated transmission cooler, the cooling system is also cooling the transmission.

Do the fan and fan thermostat work right? No mud/crud in or around the radiator? Coolant full and mixed correctly? Water pump doing its job?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewill
Check out the rest of the cooling system. Until you get the dedicated transmission cooler, the cooling system is also cooling the transmission.

Do the fan and fan thermostat work right? No mud/crud in or around the radiator? Coolant full and mixed correctly? Water pump doing its job?
If you are thinking the transmission fluid flows through the radiator, it doesn't. The OEM transmission cooler is outside of the engine cooling system.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dedicated transmission cooler was installed today the temp gage never moved on the dashboard when it over heated. cooling system seems to run fine the mechanic couldnt find anything wrong he said i caught it just in time
he did a software update ( will get more info on that donno what he did)
transmition flush
installed a dedicated transmission cooler attached to the front of the radiator.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by shriekk
dedicated transmission cooler was installed today the temp gage never moved on the dashboard when it over heated. cooling system seems to run fine the mechanic couldnt find anything wrong he said i caught it just in time
he did a software update ( will get more info on that donno what he did)
transmition flush
installed a dedicated transmission cooler attached to the front of the radiator.
The temp gauge on the instrument panel is unrelated to transmission temp.

Try the same driving conditions that caused the hot oil warning to come on before. I'll bet it won't come on now.

Quick Reply: HOT OIL LIGHT/ what do i need to fix this