Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hot oil light

Old 02-13-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Can you post a picture of it and maybe its plumbing? I'm just wondering how big it is.
I know all the Automatic JKs came with a small cooler on the bottom of the A/C condenser.
Finally in 2012, they included a bigger aftermarket type cooler in front of the radiator and the A/C condenser.
It is the smaller cooler on the bottom of the A/C condenser. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Spoke with a few other Jeep techs about it and they said that all of the rigs that have come in with tranny/oil running hot were ones that either towing at the time or running in 4hi for an extended period of time. I do neither so an aftermarket cooler isnt a high need for me. Stock cooler should suffice but I will be running an aftermarket one at some point.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by hagausaf
It is the smaller cooler on the bottom of the A/C condenser. I'll take some pics tomorrow.
No need for pics. It's the same cooler all the automatic JKs came with. Mine has it. too.

By your wording, I was thinking yours had a cooler the rest of us didn't get, so I was wondering what it looked like.

Quick Reply: hot oil light