Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hoping for tips for lifting.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoping for tips for lifting.

I'm new to this app, but not to Jeeps. However, I was hoping I could get some good tips on what I should do to lift my jeep. I'm thinking of going with a smaller wheel size so I can have more tire, I have the stock wheels and tires that come on the Wrangler Sport. And I wanna get an affordable lift as well.
Also, where would be the best place to get wheels and tires from? I live in Norfolk, Va area.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is LOTS to read before you start getting into specifics. This is the go-to thread on lift insight.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

In terms of going to smaller wheels, that's often not an option as smaller wheels can sometimes hit brake calipers or prevent brake cooling. Definitely worth a forum search on that too as there are tons of details.

Last edited by arjeeper; 02-16-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's start with the basics...what are you using the Jeep for? Budget? Tire size? How much do you know about the suspension? DIY or having a shop do it?

Definitely read "My Thoughts of Lifts". Discount Tire Direct is a forum sponsor and will take great care of you, check them out for wheels/tires.

Welcome to the forum, this question is asked just about everyday btw. Spend some time reading.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

This is the thread that is referred to.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

Quick Reply: Hoping for tips for lifting.