Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hood replacement question

Old 03-20-2015, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hood replacement question

so i dented up my hood and am going to replace it. i like the looks of the aev hood. they use to come painted to match, but have stopped. i m guessing there was too many issues with colors not matching. is this true? any aev hood owners.

the next question is they now come with ecoating. when painting is it worth the extra hundred dollars for an epoxy primer?
Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I went with the ARV hood last summer. Very nice hood. I would not order one painted if that it an option. I don't think they do offer that any longer. I got mine fro OK4WD out of Jersey. Shipped to me free in SC. Just order it and get a couple quotes for a paint job. I got 3 quotes, one for around 225, 390 and one for about 500. I went with the 390 and could not be happier.

AEV have great customer service the first hood had a not very noticeable flaw. Called them and brought it to their attention. They insisted on taking the original hood back and sending me another one immediately. They do not want anything short of a perfect product out there. That's my experience.

Hopefully your insurance will cover your dented hood. Worth a shot. Worked out nice for me.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you like it!

when they painted it did they paint only the hood or did they "blend" into the surrounding areas?
Old 03-23-2015, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am just speculating here but I have my doubts about mismatched paint being the reason they stopped. JKs dont exactly have complex colors and paint codes are standardized. Any paint shop will just use the paint code printed in your door jam to match the paint. Chances are there were too many getting damaged during shipping would be my guess. That is the reason we dont ship painted hoods at least.

Quick Reply: hood replacement question