Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood Mounted Hi-Lift Jack Washer Nozzle Solution

Old 07-15-2016 | 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hood Mounted Hi-Lift Jack Washer Nozzle Solution

So I did something I almost never do. Bought an item without doing some research on it. I really wanted a hood mounted Hi Lift jack, so I bought all the parts and found out it blocks the washer nozzle. If I would have just googled it I would have found this out in about 0.02 seconds...Instead of sending it all back I really wanted to make it work so here is what I did.

The washer nozzle relocation kit sold online would not work for me because I also have the Bushwacker cowl vent air scoop. I picked up the Help 47237 washer kit and I mounted it in my vent scoop. It's kinda close to the windshield now but it works pretty good. I removed the cowl and took my time to mount the new washer nozzle. I left the stock one in place so there is no hole in the hood. If you give the stock nozzle a grade of A then I would say mine works out to a B or B-. It was works better at normal driving speeds than it does does when your not moving at all. The biggest problem with it is that the fluid hits the windshield with a lot of velocity and some fluid bounces off and ends up where it started, on the air scoop 🙂

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-525731099.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	486.9 KB
ID:	652425
Old 07-18-2016 | 04:28 AM
JK Junkie

Try flipping over the hi lift...

My setup with the Ace brackets worked fine, but then I took the jack off and when I put it back on I was having nozzle alignment issues, I flipped it back over and it was ok.

Also, on my setup I replaced the bolts with higher quality nuts, bolts etc. and maybe that raised it a bit more

Matthew
Old 07-22-2016 | 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tried to flip my jack but that didn't help either. The hi-lift mount must be slightly different, that is why I had to reroute my washer nozzle.

Good for you that yours worked, I would have liked to have kept the factory nozzle.

Quick Reply: Hood Mounted Hi-Lift Jack Washer Nozzle Solution