Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood/Louver Project

Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood/Louver Project

Hey guys. My girlfriends dad just got the 10a hood. His old hood is sitting for grabs. If i buy it off him i was thinking about rhino/herculinering the entire hood. Then id buy a poison spider louver and leave it glossy black. I think this would look awesome on my otherwise gecko green 13 jk. Also, his hood would be a stock 14 hood. Does it matter? Any suggestions? Anybody ever bedline a hood? Thanks.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Would be different, I like the idea myself, but that's a big splotch of black in that bright green. So my suggestion is get the louver, plasti dip the hood black, put it back on lay the louver on top and see what ya think. Decide how much more black accent you need to find a balance you like. You can always remove the plasti dip. Its extra money but cheaper than permanently painting your hood, hating it and having to find a new hood
Old 12-16-2013, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

From what i understood he'd still have his original hood to fall back on if he didnt like it
Old 12-16-2013, 08:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by pjlmaster
From what i understood he'd still have his original hood to fall back on if he didnt like it
Oh yup, you are right. Well go for it man, I still think your gonna need to balance some more black. Subscribed to see how it turns out
Old 12-17-2013, 12:22 AM
JK Newbie

Im in a similar situation, or will be once the Wildboar Front Grille is installed in textured black, and the xrc armor front fenders and rear corner guards. Planning to go to all black in the future anyways though.

In regards to the OP, i say go for it if you think the cost of the experiment is worth it to you. You've got the original hood to fall back on anyways.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
Oh yup, you are right. Well go for it man, I still think your gonna need to balance some more black. Subscribed to see how it turns out
yup i can fall back on my perfect greeny if i want. His hood is anvil so itd require some paint. Ill do a little write up once its finished!
Old 12-17-2013, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE="stagedtrip;3786292"]Would be different, I like the idea myself, but that's a big splotch of black in that bright green. So my suggestion is get the louver, plasti dip the hood black, put it back on lay the louver on top and see what ya think. Decide how much more black accent you need to find a balance you like. You can always remove the plasti dip. Its extra money but cheaper than permanently painting your hood, hating it and having to find a new hood[/QUOTE and maybe i could gecko out the louver? Itd be easier to do that than gecko the hood i think. We shall see. Does the poison louver rivet on or bolt?
Old 12-17-2013, 03:30 AM
JK Junkie

They are little bolts and nuts that look like rivets, took me around an hour to do mine
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rhino line the hood, paint the louvre gecko! O|||||||O
Old 12-17-2013, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Could i rhino line right over the factory anvil paint job? Or is that a bad idea?

Quick Reply: Hood/Louver Project