Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood Lock?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default heres what i came up with ! $ 9.95

home depot its a house door lock ! it has a slider with chain mount the cylinder lock on the frame and leave enough room to slide you hand in and unlock with the key and then secure the chain to the bolt that hods latch (j hook) done
im not spending 150 bucks and it keeps the derilicts out ! if some one has cutters and tools they may get in there but wtf if thats the case insurance co claim !!! common sence ! save the cash and buy one im pleased with my idea. arnt you im cheap ok but when you just dont have a endless bag of money it gets the job done !Attachment 136038Attachment 136039 the second photo is for those who dont want chrysler to say they drilled into the frame and void warrenty there so dam cheap trying to get out of warrenty stuff
Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ps i painted mine black they are brass

btw thats a toggle bolt just drop it in the round hole of your new jk and tighten
instead of drilling if your worried about drilling into new vehicle , it will atleast give you some security better than just two rubber straps
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
im not spending 150 bucks and it keeps the derilicts out !
Bravo, I like that!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had this................

I had this on my CJ, locking cable lock. look it up on Amazon, Megatronix HL6, hood lock. You don't have to use the ign. cut out but it locks the hood ! I'll try adding a pic later.

Last edited by ALs07; 03-10-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Hood Lock?