Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood Lock?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Lock?

Are there any hood locks out there? Im think that i might like to have more hood security, i work in a shady area and have just the alarm with hood pin. If im out and not near the jeep the alarm will be pointless.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

I'm looking for one myself...:sad:
Old 04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered one for my JK, still on order. I bought it from 4wd.com and the part # is HL5. We will see how it goes when I get it. It is made especially for the JK.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ranterbul
I ordered one for my JK, still on order. I bought it from 4wd.com and the part # is HL5. We will see how it goes when I get it. It is made especially for the JK.
I bought one of those, but was really disappointed in it. I thought it would be the type that permanently mounts to the vehicle like the one I had on my YJ. Instead, its just a box that slips over the end of the J hook on the hood and locks.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jckid
I bought one of those, but was really disappointed in it. I thought it would be the type that permanently mounts to the vehicle like the one I had on my YJ. Instead, its just a box that slips over the end of the J hook on the hood and locks.
Yea, I got one of those too....junk. Might be better off using those small cable bike locks.............just a thought
Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had one too. From Quadratec. Pretty much crap. Returned it to get my $19.95 back.

It's kinda the same style as the one for the TJ, but didn't fit as nice or operate worth a damn.

Still cost me shipping both ways...
Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jckid
If you still have it:

Old 04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

I got my hood lock today. Not what I expected but it will do until something better comes along.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RonFDNY77
Are there any hood locks out there?
I bought this quite literally a quarter century ago for my 10th Anniversary Edition TA:

It came from JC Whitney. I don't know if anyone makes something like that anymore, but it's completely hidden when the hood is closed, and is easily unlocked by releasing the hood, releasing the safety catch, then reaching into the lock mechanism, and inserting and turning the key.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

I think some of you guys are missing the point here. The locks are not to give you
Fort Knox security with these locks. If a crook truly wants to get your stuff they will, no matter what. The lock keeps the simple snatch and grab from happening. If a criminal has to spend unwanted time to get at your stuff then they will probably go on to the next vehicle. Some of you sent the lock back and now you have nothing (I assume) protecting your vehicle. I think I will always go for protection over aesthetics any day.

Here are some photos of the lock I got at 4WD.COM part#HL5

The lock sitting on my bumper by itself.

The lock installed with hood down.

The lock installed with the hood up, a better view.

Quick Reply: Hood Lock?