Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood Lock

Old 07-20-2010, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Lock

I bought and installed a hood lock. Rugged Ridge. It is a pain the ass to lock and unlock.
Anyone else had this problem?
Some times no problems and then it is a pain to lock and then unlock. Right now it is unlock.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was a pain for a while. You have to bend the tab that moves when you lock it. I used a pair of vice grips and a crescent wrench. It took a while to hone it in but it works fine now. I had one on my TJ and it was a pain after one winter. After that, and now on my JK, I fill the lock slot with white lithium grease every 4-6 months or so to keep the corrosion down and keep the internals working smoothly. I had my TJ lock for 6 years and now my JK lock for about 6 months. So far, no issues once I got the bend dialed in.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Default Thanks

Hopefully I can get on it tonight if not it will be this weekend.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, I had to bend the tab some. Take the tab off and do it on a vise or something like that. If not you'll end up tearing up the locking mechanism. Works fine now.

Quick Reply: Hood Lock