Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hood light bar with Rigid Dually

Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood light bar with Rigid Dually

Decided I would do something that I haven't seen anyone do. I put rigid duallys on a hood light bar. The bar is made for the KC lights that a rectangle but I thought the duallys were not much bigger. Wired them up just light you would the windshield mounted lights but ran the wire between the hood and the cowl. The glare isnt bad especially because of the blackout sticker. And the lights are not bad to see over while driving. I liked the setup and thought I would share it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-109336758.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	400483   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1053133221.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	400484   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-402440315.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	400485  
Old 12-21-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a 20 inch E series connected to the KC mount with a hi lift on there too. Was an awesome set up.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah it has been working out great so far. Now I just need to get LEDs for all the rest of my lights.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Junkie

Any updates yet.....like you're ready to put it in the mail for me to put a 10" bar on it and move the duallys down to the bumper.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by White-JKU
I had a 20 inch E series connected to the KC mount with a hi lift on there too. Was an awesome set up.
what mount did you use to incorporate a 20" plus hilift?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phantom10
what mount did you use to incorporate a 20" plus hilift?
I used the kc hood mount they make for lights. I drilled two holes to put the light bar on it and then used the holes that came on it for the lights to hold the hi lift. To hold it I just put a bolt through and then a nut to hold it. Then I put a big washer on that nut and set the hi lift on. I used another washer on top and then a wing nut for quick and easy removal. If you're not able to follow this all pm me and I'll try digging se pictures up.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

I used the kc hood mount they make for lights. I drilled two holes to put the light bar on it and then used the holes that came on it for the lights to hold the hi lift. To hold it I just put a bolt through and then a nut to hold it. Then I put a big washer on that nut and set the hi lift on. I used another washer on top and then a wing nut for quick and easy removal. If you're not able to follow this all pm me and I'll try digging se pictures up.
so you just used the standard kc light mount....like this one..

Click image for larger version

Name:	100798-lg.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	507434

then did you use diff mounts to hold the 20" on it ?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phantom10
so you just used the standard kc light mount....like this one..

Attachment 507434

then did you use diff mounts to hold the 20" on it ?
Yup I used that exact mount. As I said before I used the holes that hold the lights for the hi lift with bolts. I drilled two holes (one on each side) to put a bolt through to hold the 20. I used the little foot mounts then give you and put a bolt through that and the holes I drilled in the KC mount to hold it.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Newbie

Yup I used that exact mount. As I said before I used the holes that hold the lights for the hi lift with bolts. I drilled two holes (one on each side) to put a bolt through to hold the 20. I used the little foot mounts then give you and put a bolt through that and the holes I drilled in the KC mount to hold it.
sweet! i wanna do a combo mount like that on the hood.....and this thing is only like $40.....thanks bro!

Quick Reply: Hood light bar with Rigid Dually