Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Homemade tube fenders?

Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homemade tube fenders?

Anyone DIY some tube fenders? If so how about some pics.
Thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Old 06-17-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

I've made a few things using PVC in the past and it is very easy to work with. I haven't tried anything for JK fenders yet but I can see making the structure (tube portion) with PVC pipe and bending it with a heat gun and attaching the structure to the body with the existing brackety. The fender portion can be thin .125" PVC sheet epoxied to the top and blended smooth at the edges. Need to keep them soft and crumpleable not too rigid. The PVC sheet comes in all different colors too.

I only have 1 problem... no JK yet. Once it is in the garage I'll begin experimenting. Until then I'd love to see someone else build these. Please post picks if you do.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

Celtics 2008 NBA Champs.... Sorry..... Bump...
Old 06-18-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Famof5Jeep
Celtics 2008 NBA Champs.... Sorry..... Bump...
congrats buddy...i'm a life long LAL fan...and my boys got whooped last nite...congrats to the celts, a great ball club!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've made a few things using PVC in the past and it is very easy to work with. I haven't tried anything for JK fenders yet but I can see making the structure (tube portion) with PVC pipe and bending it with a heat gun and attaching the structure to the body with the existing brackety. The fender portion can be thin .125" PVC sheet epoxied to the top and blended smooth at the edges. Need to keep them soft and crumpleable not too rigid. The PVC sheet comes in all different colors too.

I only have 1 problem... no JK yet. Once it is in the garage I'll begin experimenting. Until then I'd love to see someone else build these. Please post picks if you do.

You and the wood half doors guy should team up and start a fab shop

Kidding! I just couldn't resist! Sounds like something I would do, actually. If it works, run it!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

It is funny you mention the wooden half doors. That mod kills me. Like you said whatever works and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

LIne X is another alternative copared to powder coating.My buddy made a pair of flat fenders for his TJ .It took him a while to make em.I'll try to get some pic's for you DIY'ers out there.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Jedi

*Crickets*......
Old 06-18-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

It is funny you mention the wooden half doors. That mod kills me. Like you said whatever works and beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.
Sorry, that was bothering me, so I fixed it for you...

Quick Reply: Homemade tube fenders?