Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Homemade Stubby Front Bumper w/Fog Lights & Crush Cans - PICS!!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could the cuts have followed the angle of the protruding section more, so there isn't that little piece of flat bumper after the bulges? It's hard to tell from these pics.

I think it looks good, I'm just not sure I am good enough with my saw to do such a thing and make is straight.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by trfcrugby
Could the cuts have followed the angle of the protruding section more, so there isn't that little piece of flat bumper after the bulges? It's hard to tell from these pics.

I think it looks good, I'm just not sure I am good enough with my saw to do such a thing and make is straight.
Yeah, that was my original intention. I was just going to make a close cut first and then shape it down using a grinder and sander. However, after making the first cut, I think we all thought agreed that we liked it just like this and so I just matched it on the other side .
Old 04-24-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT MOD! Looks great - only thing to change would be (as some mentioned) the 'end caps' to really clean it up.

This is a mod I may choose to do myself in the future! I saw some of the stubby bumpers available online, and this is definitely a budget oriented (and still sharp looking) alternative to the products already out there!

Good work and thanks for the 'inspiration'!

-Stell

Quick Reply: Homemade Stubby Front Bumper w/Fog Lights & Crush Cans - PICS!!