Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

homemade angled tire carrier?

Old 03-28-2014, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been kicking around the idea of welding up an angled carrier that would bolt onto the original carrier's place.
I'm getting a trektop and love the look of the KOR angled carrier minus the massive pricetag.

Has anyone done their own mounted in the stock location? (not modified bumper mounted style)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 03-28-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Jedi

What size tire? Depending how you do it you'd be putting a lot of leverage on an already weak door. Im sure you could make i work, but a bumper mounted one would be way better. I think jakert5 or something did one similar.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Just a 35" MTR
Old 03-30-2014, 04:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's been done on here before but usually by modding a bumper tire carrier combo. I was thinking of doing my rugged ridge xhd bumper but doing it so I can put it vertical for the winter when I run my hard top.

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Quick Reply: homemade angled tire carrier?