Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Home made roof rack

Old 01-18-2016, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello fellow Jeepers! Been awhile since I last posted. Have a need to make a roof rack, and had a relatively cheap, flat clean looking and basic design I want some opinions. First of all, my phone doesn't allow more than one photo so I apologize but the parts I'm referencing are super easy to find online. I'd like to take airline track, cut 2 lengths for each side of rear hardtop section. There are many attachment pieces, offering some flexibility but I'm interested in the one that accepts threaded rod. This will allow me make and bolt down some 2x4 or aluminum rails etc to carry a ladder or soft goods for camping such as sleeping bags, tent and blankets etc. If I do some thing like this, and use flat bar as washers on inside, do you see problems? The cross bars can have eyebolts to allow custom attachment points. Here's a pic of the attachment for track that accepts bolts. Thanks. FD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-56881603.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	634789  

Last edited by Fooddude; 01-18-2016 at 04:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Home made roof rack