Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hole in the head

Old 04-08-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hole in the head

SO bought a used mall crawler. The person had a light bar and ran the wiring through the windshield channel. I was thinking of a radio shark fin or something like a universal antenna. Trying to find a decent antenna set up to fill the whole. Any suggestions would help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1139494089.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	643160  
Old 04-08-2016, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHY?!
Aren't the light bar brackets made to run the wire down to the cowl? I dont think the shark fin style antenna would look that great there or fit to the shape of the header easily. I searched "low profile car antenna" on google and there are some decent looking round ones but with the curve of the windshield header they would probably have to be modified to install and look clean.
If all else fails go all out and get the Fab Fours Vicowl. That should cover it.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mavisjk
why?!
Aren't the light bar brackets made to run the wire down to the cowl? I dont think the shark fin style antenna would look that great there or fit to the shape of the header easily. I searched "low profile car antenna" on google and there are some decent looking round ones but with the curve of the windshield header they would probably have to be modified to install and look clean.
If all else fails go all out and get the fab fours vicowl. That should cover it.
why!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Cannot unsee!!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do a quick search for "vector offroad jk UFO" they make plugs that fill the holes when you remove the stock rear tire carrier bumpstops or fill the hole where the hood bumpers are. They seal water tight and look pretty good. Id take a quick puc but am away from the jeep for the weekend. Also, you dont need to reach the backside for install. When you tighten them, compresses the rear rubber piece and sandwiches the sheet metal. Very cool lil design
Old 04-08-2016, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just remove that metal thing and put a sticker over it. Maybe this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet hole sticker.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	643172

Or maybe glue a couple of these on there.

Name:	devil horns.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	643173

I might get some of these...

Name:	Truck horns.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	643174

Sorry, I'm not being very helpful. If my 3D printer was working I would print something to go there.
What was the previous owner thinking....

Last edited by maxspongebob; 04-08-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The last Owner

The last Owner was lacking in the Brains Department. I would take it to a body shop and see if they can't Just bondo it sand it down, blend it back in and paint it. Its probably going to cost around $200 or more though. Normally I'm not a fan of Bondo, but for a hole like that I can't see the harm in it.

I'm not a fan of the shark fin. Its a Jeep not a BMW. But its your Jeep you can do whatever. Let us know what you do and post pics. I like the bullet hole Idea. Get some White RTV and slap it on $10 fix
Old 04-08-2016, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think they knew what they were doing. I took the light bar off and was like Whaaaa.... I'm going to check out the puck option. Don't think I could get the shark fin to work. So maybe just a low profile puck or antenna ... Or bullet hole. I'll let you know. Thanks .
Old 04-08-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha. Now you have me wasting time on the web looking for a solution. How about a sticker that looks like a BandAid.

https://www.carstickers.com/Band_Aid...and_Decals.php
Old 04-08-2016, 06:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
Haha. Now you have me wasting time on the web looking for a solution. How about a sticker that looks like a BandAid.

https://www.carstickers.com/Band_Aid...and_Decals.php
The Devil/Demon horns are cool but if he did that he'd have to mod his whole Jeep with a Demon Theme..... lol..

Quick Reply: Hole in the head