Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hitch mount winch

Old 12-10-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitch mount winch

I will be adding a winch to my jeep soon, would it not be best to put hitches on the back and front of my jeep and use a hitch mount cradle? This way I could pull from whichever end that will work best. Anyone tried this?
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a look at the following link. A fellow Jeeper in our club had this, but we found most times it was front mounted. If he needed a tow from behind, we generally had someone else pull him out. But I can see if you were in the right spot or on your own it could be good.

ht tp://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/multi_mount.shtml

BT

Last edited by Absolute; 12-10-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: non sponsor clicky
Old 12-10-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I was thinking we would need, we tend to do expedition type wheeling and normally travel alone. I was thinking it wouldn't be that unusual to need to pull from the rear.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I am going to do (one day) and you can remove it all together when you are not on the trail to keep it out of the weather.

Quick Reply: Hitch mount winch