Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hit a pot hole and now i have a irritating squeak in the rear!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sringer
i have a nasty squeak in the rear...but only when i hit bumps. like going over a speed bump....or a pot hole or any such type of bump i get a squeak
Same with mine. The squeak in this thread sounds like it is different. I crawled all over and could never find it. The dealer could also easily duplicate the squeak but could never locate it.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

If my axle shaft is bent this things traded in! We just traded my wife's 09 Wrangler in cause all the B.S. dealt with it!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
If my axle shaft is bent this things traded in! We just traded my wife's 09 Wrangler in cause all the B.S. dealt with it!
Did you purchase the Jeep new? If so, you have the lifetime power train warranty.

If not, a new shaft is only a couple hundred bucks......trade in??

If I traded in my vehicles every time something stopped working....well damn
Old 07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can almost guarantee its a axle shaft flange

I bent mine somehow under DD conditions.

Jack the rear up and have someone put it in drive and see if the rotor wobbles any. If it does its hitting the brake pads and causes the squeak. Happened to me and had to go with Superior shafts so hopefully no problems now.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by billsimcox
Did you purchase the Jeep new? If so, you have the lifetime power train warranty.

If not, a new shaft is only a couple hundred bucks......trade in??

If I traded in my vehicles every time something stopped working....well damn
Yes, and if you only new the issues we had w/ my wife's 09 Wrangler you would understand why we traded it in.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have a nasty squeak in the rear...but only when i hit bumps. like going over a speed bump....or a pot hole or any such type of bump i get a squeak
I solved my squeak by bending the brake lines (by hand) away from the suspension in the rear- after my TF leveling kit the brake line brackets in the rear barely rubbed and caused a squeak when the suspension would move up and down. It drove me nuts because it was not speed dependent, but happened during braking, accelerating, going around a corner, hitting a bump, etc. Check it out-
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

i had the same thing i got under the jeep and started pushing up and down on the body until i found it... it was the trackbar rubbing on the spring and something else on the other side.. the wedges solved it look for rub marks all over ur suspension
Old 07-15-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George F.
I solved my squeak by bending the brake lines (by hand) away from the suspension in the rear- after my TF leveling kit the brake line brackets in the rear barely rubbed and caused a squeak when the suspension would move up and down. It drove me nuts because it was not speed dependent, but happened during braking, accelerating, going around a corner, hitting a bump, etc. Check it out-
X2... I had the same squeak and found it was the brake line hitting suspension.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Danny4652
I'll have to check this out after work.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Danny4652
is it possible to get a pick of the area I should be looking at? I have a squeak and would like to solve it.

thanks.

Quick Reply: hit a pot hole and now i have a irritating squeak in the rear!