Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HiLift jack, like to go 60" where can I mount it?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HiLift jack, like to go 60" where can I mount it?

It seems that it wouldn't be much problem stowing the 48" jack. The RockHard Rear Bumper and tire carrier that just shipped can easily handle that. But is there any decent way to mount or carry a 60" jack. I haven't bought the jack yet so I can go either 48 or 60.

I could pobably manage a 54" on the RH carrier. I suppose I could get a 60" and cut it down to 54".
Old 07-12-2008, 01:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just my 2 cents, but why bother cutting down to 54" when you can just get the 48"? seems a bit trivial unless you really think you need the extra 6" and can't find clearance for the othe 6".
Old 07-12-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

Take it apart and do this...

Shaft is zip tied to the bottom of the legs of the rear seat..

The rest of the parts are in the rear storage.....

Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hoovis
Just my 2 cents, but why bother cutting down to 54" when you can just get the 48"? seems a bit trivial unless you really think you need the extra 6" and can't find clearance for the othe 6".
thats what my gf said

:rotfl mao2:
Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hoovis
Well I'm pretty sure I can put a 54" length on the RockHard Carrier and not block the license plate if I offset it to the right. But 60" would hang to far to the right.

So I was just wondering if there was someplace else that people had found to put it. I mean, if you can carry it, 60 is better than 48 and there is not that big a price difference. And if 54 would fit and 60 wouldn't I've got a Sawzall and metal blades.

The only real reason for wanting longer is if you had to use it to pull yourself backwards (I've a winch on the front) and in that case the longer the better as it would require less re-rigging. I'm sure the 48 would be adequate for any lifting needed.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

i have the 54. Honestly, i dont see why people insist on hard mounting these things, honestly, when are you going to need a hi jack unless you have a huge lift. I just ratchet strap mine to the spare tire carrier when i go off road or think there might be a chance i might use it. This keeps it in great working order as its not out in the elements 24/7 and makes it easily accessible. A lot of people in my club have started to do the same thing.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bofer84
i have the 54. Honestly, i dont see why people insist on hard mounting these things, honestly, when are you going to need a hi jack unless you have a huge lift. I just ratchet strap mine to the spare tire carrier when i go off road or think there might be a chance i might use it. This keeps it in great working order as its not out in the elements 24/7 and makes it easily accessible. A lot of people in my club have started to do the same thing.
Interesting concept; I'm going to play around with it.

You just gave me an idea that I'm going to work on in a few weeks. If it works I'll post pics.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

haha...so if you make millions off of this, you have to at least buy me some jeep stuff....ok
Old 07-12-2008, 04:45 PM
***erator

If you buy the Rampage mount you can go as long as you want. You just wont be able to get in the Garage. Im stealing someone elses pic here but you can see it here.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100093-lg.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	10778

Quick Reply: HiLift jack, like to go 60" where can I mount it?