Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Highrock by bestop rear bumper w/ tire carrier.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highrock by bestop rear bumper w/ tire carrier.

If anyone out there is running this rear bumper. What are you reviews, pros and cons? I'm very close to pushing the button on this one and would love to hear your opinions. One of my main concerns is, can the carrier hold a 35" tire without rattling? If you look at the pictures posted, there's only a heim joint attached to the bracket on the tail gate holding the tire. Other than that, all they weight looks like is on the pivot part alone. The manufacture claims that it can hold up to 200 pounds but I just want to make sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	418286Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	418287
Old 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The weight is on the pivot not on the heim joint. It will hold a 35" tire easy.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Running this carrier for about 6 months now. Only issues I have had was packaging, paint quality wasn't the best. Fits great don't install tire until bumper is mounted then install carrier. Grease fitting is in an odd location makes it difficult to grease, I had to install nylon washers on bolts of the hemi joints to keep it from rattling and the high lift jack mount really sucks. Other than that we really like it.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys, if anybody has pictures...please post. I think I can deal with having to add nylon washers to keep from rattling. I believe that's why they send extras. As far as the paint issue, I just hope that they do a better job on mine. That's all...
Old 02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump to top!

Quick Reply: Highrock by bestop rear bumper w/ tire carrier.