Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

High steer with ultimate dana 60.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High steer with ultimate dana 60.

Hi guys i have the UD 60 front axle on my jeep and im wanting to do high steer to get a little more clearance for my tie rod and psc ram. The axle came stock with the high steer arm already mounted for the drag link. Can i just drill out the top of the high steer arm with a reamer and mount the drag link on the top and then do the same with the tierod drilling out the knuckle mounts to then flip the tie rod? If so does anyone know what size reamer to use? The draglink and tie rod are made by Synergy. Here is where they sitting now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1453305798488.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	635013   Click image for larger version

Name:	1453305880563.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	635014  
Old 01-20-2016, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you flip the draglink, you will ruin your steering geometry and cause your draglink to hit the frame under compression. That is already considered a high steer setup, it just mounts below the arm so you could use the stock draglink.

Quick Reply: High steer with ultimate dana 60.