Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

High steer knuckle / tie rod flip

Old 04-17-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DCMP001
Here is my Off Road Only setup. It uses a straight tie rod and moves the whole assembly up about 1". The steering stabilizer is also tucked up for more protection. Works great and I really like it.

Attachment 22499
That's better... but I still have some gripes. It looks like those brackets will interfere with the Longfield CV shafts, and I'm not confident that they would hold up to the added stress of hydro assist and the extra leverage of the longer steering arms. I'd also like to hear how the steering is affected? The ORO kit for TJ's screws up the ackermann angle.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

So is there a tie rod flip kit out there yet? Also Rockrawler's website is down and says it may be for sale. Does anyone know where to get their HD Tie Rod?
Old 07-12-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DCMP001
Here is my Off Road Only setup. It uses a straight tie rod and moves the whole assembly up about 1". The steering stabilizer is also tucked up for more protection. Works great and I really like it.

Attachment 22499
Woah thats awesome, is that the steering stabilizer up by the pitman arm? How does that work? Oh or is that just because its a TJ?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Evo soon

Call Off Road Evolution, the red EVO jeep has a killer setup and they are going to start marketing it pretty soon.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryanclimbs
Call Off Road Evolution, the red EVO jeep has a killer setup and they are going to start marketing it pretty soon.
Do you have any pics of this Jeep? I couldn't find any on the web (not too sure which Red Evo Jeep to look for).
Old 09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Blue Torch Fab raised Tie Rod

Has anyone used these to raise there tie rod?
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...0&partID=41474
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...0&partID=41473

Quick Reply: High steer knuckle / tie rod flip