Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hidden winch mounted upright on OE bumper

Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hidden winch mounted upright on OE bumper

OK, so I've read almost all the threads on getting the Harbor Freight winch plate and mounting it upside down.
Then running the fairlead through the OE bumper. It looks nice, but I don't like mounting the winch upside
down (nevermind why). I know that I can spend the money for a smittybilt, warn, rough country winch plate
and it'll mount the winch upright (in front of the grill). What I want to know, is if anyone has found a way to
hide all (or most) of the winch behind the OE bumper, but mounting it right side up?? Is there a winch plate
that attaches to the bottom of the frame rather than the top and upside down? Thanks to all for any help.
Don't wanna spend the money on the front bumper just yet. I'm planning on getting the 10K synthetic Engo
winch. Also, I'm not a confident welder for something like this, but I don't mind cutting up an existing piece
of steel to fit.

Jeremy - Lincoln, NE
Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have built what you are looking for. I had a warn 9k mounted upright with the solenoid remote mounted under the hood.

It's an all bolt in affair to install this and I have since replace this set up with an AEV bumper that my brother in law gave me. So I would be willing to part with it.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by svt2224
I have built what you are looking for. I had a warn 9k mounted upright with the solenoid remote mounted under the hood.

It's an all bolt in affair to install this and I have since replace this set up with an AEV bumper that my brother in law gave me. So I would be willing to part with it.
wow nice!! I would have stubbied my front bumper and used the money for a winch instead if I knew u could hide a winch in the stock bumper
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! I ended up using the vdp stubby kit on it. If I hadn't lucked into the other bumper I'd still be running it.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bumpity bump
Old 02-15-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump, bump, bump
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default great idea

Originally Posted by svt2224

Between youre winch mount & the other thread modified stock front metal bumper IMHO these are two of the coolest mods anybody can do and save $$$$. I was out of time getting my Jeep outfitted for my Colorado Exp. this summer or I would have loved to do a combo of both of these mods.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RDH475
Between youre winch mount & the other thread modified stock front metal bumper IMHO these are two of the coolest mods anybody can do and save $$$$. I was out of time getting my Jeep outfitted for my Colorado Exp. this summer or I would have loved to do a combo of both of these mods.
Would you mind sharing what plate you used? Or did you fab your own?

Quick Reply: Hidden winch mounted upright on OE bumper