Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HID problem

Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID problem

I didn't want to build on an old thread but I installed some hid's and the warning cancelers and I am still having the slight flickering problem. Has anyone ran into this issue? Or know of another option to check? I don't know what else to do other than returning the set and going with another maker.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TONS OF JK OWNERS HAVE THE SAME ISSUE... Some can get theirs to work others no luck..

Here is a pair that will work but not cheap

HellFire Jeep JK HID Headlight Upgrade

There are too many threads about the HID to count.. Good luck.. I pulled mine because of same issue. I'm now running H4 upgrade and they're just as bright as HIDs
Old 03-05-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Threepointchamp
I didn't want to build on an old thread but I installed some hid's and the warning cancelers and I am still having the slight flickering problem. Has anyone ran into this issue? Or know of another option to check? I don't know what else to do other than returning the set and going with another maker.
Probably the best way to approach this problem is to wire the new lighting directly to the battery. Use the OE circuits to trip the relays of the new circuits. You will probably still need capacitors to smooth out the control power to the relays.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 AM
JK Freak

I got so fed up I took my kit to a local stereo shop and paid $120 to have them custom wire everything in. The kid who did it had a Grand Cherokee before and was very familiar with Jeeps and the CAN Bus system.

Works awesome now and I have a warranty on the installation. A little pricy but I'm satisfied after having my HID kit sit in my office for over a year.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem with my HIDs on my 2010 Mazda 3 before I got rid of it. It turned out to be that stupid balist box. They sent me another one and it worked fine.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

I have it wired to the battery. So many mixed threads about hid's and I know many people have had issues but I was really hoping the cancelers would solve the problem like it does with many issues like this.
I really don't want to take it all out and return it. But what other options do I have. Is he hid kit hat has he canceler apart of the kit any better?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rays0852
I got so fed up I took my kit to a local stereo shop and paid $120 to have them custom wire everything in. The kid who did it had a Grand Cherokee before and was very familiar with Jeeps and the CAN Bus system.

Works awesome now and I have a warranty on the installation. A little pricy but I'm satisfied after having my HID kit sit in my office for over a year.
This is what I did. Had them professionally wired and installed for $100. Found a great electrical guy on Craigslist and I've been goin to him since for all my electrical work since.

Quick Reply: HID problem