Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HID Head Lights

Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyJeep75
Angry posts noted.

How much are the DDM's? And the website shows several add-on options. What is required?
All you need is the H13 Hi/Lo and 35watt. No need for the extra harness. I'd recommend 4300 -6k. Comes to about $60 I think it was.

Originally Posted by etl330
I love my Morimoto Sealed 7s from The Retrofit Source
Thats my plan down the road, repairs and OBA keep delaying it :( Did you do the retrofit yourself? or just buy the complete package.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
All you need is the H13 Hi/Lo and 35watt. No need for the extra harness. I'd recommend 4300 -6k. Comes to about $60 I think it was. Thats my plan down the road, repairs and OBA keep delaying it :( Did you do the retrofit yourself? or just buy the complete package.

I started to do it myself but I couldn't get the high beams to work and I wasn't happy with my rattle can job color matching the shrouds so I got them done professionally. It was all really easy though. TRS sends the projectors installed in the bucket which is the hardest part of a retrofit.

The light output is better than anything I've seen before. The brights reach just as far as my 50" LED bar. They're way better than the headlights on my mother's 750 bimmer. They've definitely spoiled me as far as headlights. And there was a nice discount code for like 15% off which got me mine for around $400

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1722158955.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	594456
Old 01-30-2015, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
I started to do it myself but I couldn't get the high beams to work and I wasn't happy with my rattle can job color matching the shrouds so I got them done professionally. It was all really easy though. TRS sends the projectors installed in the bucket which is the hardest part of a retrofit.

The light output is better than anything I've seen before. The brights reach just as far as my 50" LED bar. They're way better than the headlights on my mother's 750 bimmer. They've definitely spoiled me as far as headlights. And there was a nice discount code for like 15% off which got me mine for around $400

Attachment 594456

That looks awesome, love how you color matched them with the body.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
That looks awesome, love how you color matched them with the body.
Thanks! They look really cool lit up too depending on what shroud you pick. These are my buddy's with the shrouds I should've picked

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3876044278.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	594481

Quick Reply: HID Head Lights