Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hi Lift and mounts?

Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this isn't always ideal but I have my 48" under my back seat. It was free, keeps the weather off of it and I can get it out even in the garage with the girlfriends car parked next to me.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the teraflex tire carrier and have mine mounted on their accessory bracket on hinge. I have a 48" extreme hi-lift. Will get some pics if it ever stops snowing here! Lol
Old 02-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afpilot82
Here's a link to a show and tell thread. Just realize, these jacks are meant for off-road use, not for changing a tire on the side of the road. The stock scissor jack or a bottle jack still works fine. If you need extra height, a 4x4 block of wood or the AEV jack base works great. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...nt-pics-66704/
As long as you do it safely how is a scissor jack any safer than a high lift both have tiny little bases.
I use my trail jack on the road to change tires just put it on my rock rails throw the spare under the jeep take the flat off throw that under the jeep and grab the spare and put it on.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Benm1020
As long as you do it safely how is a scissor jack any safer than a high lift both have tiny little bases. I use my trail jack on the road to change tires just put it on my rock rails throw the spare under the jeep take the flat off throw that under the jeep and grab the spare and put it on.
More power to you! A hi-lift needs specific points to lift safely (rock rail or slots fabbed into aftermarket bumpers). Stock Jeeps don't have these, thus a stock jack is safer under those conditions.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With a 48" you should be fine. I love my mounting spot. Cheap, out of the elements, easy to access, and no loss of visibility. Just a couple of U-bolts and a handle isolator gives me a good, quiet mount.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run a 60" and it's able to double as a winch if I get stuck or need a second attachment point to get me out or keep me clear.
It fits perfectly behind the rear seat and also on the back between the body and roll cage as long as you're using the soft top.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:12 PM
JK Junkie

I've had the hi lift on an Ace Engineering mount for quite a while and I'm happy with it.

they also have a mount to hold a hi lift on their rear bumper/tire carrier, but I already have my 5 gallon spare gas can there!

matthew
Old 02-06-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Run the 48" myself and it has paid for itself on more than one occasion for me. I'm not a hood mount fan. It does get in the way. IF you're going to mount it outside, then make sure that you keep it lubed and clean. The pins will stick otherwise and will be a PITA. Personally, I prefer a roll bar mount similar to what goofiefoot did with the muffler clamps. I did the same initially, but it was kind of a pain to take the jack out and line it back up to put back it. I think their adjustable tube mounts are much easier to deal with.

Hi-Lift Adjustable Tube Mount (TM-700/TM-750) - Mount your Hi-Lift Jack to tube bumpers, bull bars, roll cages or roof racks | Hi Lift Jack Company

Buy either the all cast one or the Hi-Lift x-treme. They last longer and have a feature or two more than the cast/steel one.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Jeep Swag mount for me. Inside, clean, away from "Prying Eyes", added mounting for ax and shovel and made an attachment bracket set for my Pull Pal arms. No rattles at all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-893179562.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	529150  
Old 02-06-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One of the main reasons I was considering ordering one now is because I dont have the stock jack and figured I would need something if I ever got a flat.
Is using a hi lift to change a tire really that bad of an idea?

And you guys mentioned it needing specific points to jack by, is there no way to use one to lift a stock jeep? I have a poison spyder bumper waiting to go on the front, but jacking it by the bumper seems a little sketchy. Am I wrong?

Quick Reply: Hi Lift and mounts?