Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hi-lift mount

Old 01-23-2015, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shearpinn
I am looking into this as well. Pretty much decided on the ACE hood mount for several reasons. But I have 2 questions: I would also like to mount the shovel and axe on the hood too. Has anyone parlayed this Hi-Lift on a hood mount and fab'ed some brackets from the jack upright to hold the tools (similar to the Dominion Offroad optional bars) and then used the windshield bump stop holes as the 2nd anchor? 2- every1 on here says that they want to keep the Hi-lift (and tools) out of the weather/grime/sand/other people's hands. Inside the cab to me is useless cause I will most likely have it packed full when I would need them. So in my opinion, the easiest way to avoid all of that stuff and keep the tools in prime working condition is to have them in the corner of the garage the 95+% of the time I wouldn't need them (daily driver). That Jack isn't exactly a light thing to carry around everyday. And if its only on my hood for out-of-town trips, I am not accumulating the time on the hood that my or may not be detrimental in the long run. Is it just to look cool getting groceries the rest of the time? Is it to not have to worry about loading them for every trip? Is it just so they are there for just-in-case? Is it a storage issue at home? I am just curious
Mine is always in my jeep under the seat. I don't store anything else under there so it's not in the road and it's easy to get out. As far as putting it in just for trail rides I guess I could do that but to me the extra weight isn't a concern daily.

Quick Reply: hi-lift mount