Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hi-lift mount

Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bull Bar

I had mine in several locations but decided I liked this one the best. It's easy to remove from the front when needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140919_150906.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	591543
Old 01-11-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AF_Jeeper
I had mine in several locations but decided I liked this one the best. It's easy to remove from the front when needed.

Attachment 591543
That's a great looking jeep btw.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by JK505
That's a great looking jeep btw.
She's my baby.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Mounted mine inside on the roll bar but made a slight mod. I flipped the brackets and drilled an extra hole in the bottom of the jack which allowed me to put it at the top of the bars inside the jeep. Now it is out of the weather and out of the way when I need to load the back of the jeep with whatever.

I can load pics if your interested but have to go take them first haha.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TWilson77
Mounted mine inside on the roll bar but made a slight mod. I flipped the brackets and drilled an extra hole in the bottom of the jack which allowed me to put it at the top of the bars inside the jeep. Now it is out of the weather and out of the way when I need to load the back of the jeep with whatever. I can load pics if your interested but have to go take them first haha.
Pics would be great if it mounted and the mounting bracket.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Had mine mounted to the hood with the ace billet good mount worked great until someone took the mount apart to try and steal it good thing I had it locked to the mount with a old trigger lock I had lying around.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mrmunsin
Had mine mounted to the hood with the ace billet good mount worked great until someone took the mount apart to try and steal it good thing I had it locked to the mount with a old trigger lock I had lying around.
That's why mines inside under the seat... Why are people such dicks!?!? Smart move with the trigger lock!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

I am looking into this as well. Pretty much decided on the ACE hood mount for several reasons.

But I have 2 questions: I would also like to mount the shovel and axe on the hood too. Has anyone parlayed this Hi-Lift on a hood mount and fab'ed some brackets from the jack upright to hold the tools (similar to the Dominion Offroad optional bars) and then used the windshield bump stop holes as the 2nd anchor?

2- every1 on here says that they want to keep the Hi-lift (and tools) out of the weather/grime/sand/other people's hands. Inside the cab to me is useless cause I will most likely have it packed full when I would need them. So in my opinion, the easiest way to avoid all of that stuff and keep the tools in prime working condition is to have them in the corner of the garage the 95+% of the time I wouldn't need them (daily driver). That Jack isn't exactly a light thing to carry around everyday. And if its only on my hood for out-of-town trips, I am not accumulating the time on the hood that my or may not be detrimental in the long run.

Is it just to look cool getting groceries the rest of the time? Is it to not have to worry about loading them for every trip? Is it just so they are there for just-in-case? Is it a storage issue at home? I am just curious
Old 01-20-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shearpinn
I am looking into this as well. Pretty much decided on the ACE hood mount for several reasons. But I have 2 questions: I would also like to mount the shovel and axe on the hood too. Has anyone parlayed this Hi-Lift on a hood mount and fab'ed some brackets from the jack upright to hold the tools (similar to the Dominion Offroad optional bars) and then used the windshield bump stop holes as the 2nd anchor? 2- every1 on here says that they want to keep the Hi-lift (and tools) out of the weather/grime/sand/other people's hands. Inside the cab to me is useless cause I will most likely have it packed full when I would need them. So in my opinion, the easiest way to avoid all of that stuff and keep the tools in prime working condition is to have them in the corner of the garage the 95+% of the time I wouldn't need them (daily driver). That Jack isn't exactly a light thing to carry around everyday. And if its only on my hood for out-of-town trips, I am not accumulating the time on the hood that my or may not be detrimental in the long run. Is it just to look cool getting groceries the rest of the time? Is it to not have to worry about loading them for every trip? Is it just so they are there for just-in-case? Is it a storage issue at home? I am just curious
I don't understand putting it on the hood... It's too heavy and awkward to do that imo. You almost need 2 people to get it off without smashing your hood with it.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cluelessJK
I don't understand putting it on the hood... It's too heavy and awkward to do that imo. You almost need 2 people to get it off without smashing your hood with it.
I absolutely loved it on the hood, just pick it up from the base of the jack and you're good to go. I never smashed my hood once, but I had a lot of practice!

Quick Reply: hi-lift mount