Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hi-lift location

Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi-lift location

So where are people throwing their hi lifts these days, i saw a guuy with it attached to the upper bar today. But where do you keep yours?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hyatt147
So where are people throwing their hi lifts these days, i saw a guuy with it attached to the upper bar today. But where do you keep yours?
Theres a few write up on it. Do a search. I've seen them on front and rear bumpers, roll bars, back of the rear seats, roof racks, and I've seen someone mount it to their hood.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

-Here's my setup, I spent 6 dollars on parts for an easy to make Hi-Lift Jack Mount, very cheap and works wonderfully, and even holds a small shovel too. Thanks goes to COUnlimited who came up with the idea, I just also did it.

Supplies needed:
12" of 2"x 1/4" flat steel stock
12" of 1/2" all thread.
3 1/2" nuts
1 1/2 wingnut
Sawzall
Drill with 1/2" bit
Vice

First I started out by removing my spare tire and poping the center cap out of the wheel. Then I cut the flat steel down to 2 pieces 5 1/2" each. Drill a 1/2" hole dead center of both pieces.

Place a 1/2" nut on the end of the all thread, followed by 1 of flat steel plates. You can sandwich the two plates on hole in the factory spare tire carrier. Tighten down the second nut to secure the two plates.

Remount the spare tire and tighten it to the carrier. Add the third 1/2" nut to support the back of the High lift and secure with the wing nut. When you tighten down with the wingnut, you'll press the jack against the tire a bit and that will hold it in place, but the weight of the Jack is actually supported by the 1/2" all thread.

Took me a total of about a 1/2 hour. Jack it solid and swings with rear door nice and smooth. Oh and use a "muffler clamp" for the shovel. And to keep honest people honest, I used a bike lock wrapped around my tire which has a locking lugnut on it, to lock the jack.

Again, credit goes to COUnlimited for this setup!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

id like to see the hood mount
Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just throw mine in the back
Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettDez

I like that.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RuBob
Originally Posted by bodybrdng
I just throw mine in the back
Ouch! That could hurt!
Well I'm sure that he asks anyone in the trunk area to get out first
Old 04-09-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is RubyDoo's high lift location and mounting, going to add rubber tubing over the studs to make it quietier when wheelin.

Quick Reply: hi-lift location