Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hi-lift jack vs 12 ton bottle jack?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High lift to get it in the air, and factory scissor jack and a couple pieces of 2X6 to adjust the axle height with the body weight off of it. Can also use the high lift to break a bead for trail repairs too
Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd buy the hi lift jack first and keep the stock jack (with a block of wood or plastic spacer, if needed) for normal tire changing duties. the hi lift is very versatile. i've used it for many purposes:

- to pull tree stumps and fence posts out of the ground
- jacked it upp horizontally between my workbench and the side door of my house to create an extra "lock" when i go on vacation
- fixed a flimsy sidestep on my old nissan xterra that got pushed into the rear tire when it snagged against a rock
- used it as a winch to pull a 600lb BBQ on a wooden pallet from a flat bed trailer into my garage
- fixed a 60 foot section of fence that had completely blown down from heavy winds.

Last edited by boopiejones; 09-12-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: hi-lift jack vs 12 ton bottle jack?