Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hi Lift Jack with Olympic 4x4 Xtreme Double Slider Bars

Old 09-19-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Lift Jack with Olympic 4x4 Xtreme Double Slider Bars

A buddy of mine gave me his older Hi Lift jack when I bought my 2011 JKU (stock Sport). In crawling around underneath I realized there weren't any locations which would lend themselves to use as jack points for a Hi Lift jack. In cruising the forum, it seems as if this is indeed the case. I've been told I'll need to put on new steel bumpers or rocker guards and use those as the jack points for the Hi Lift jack. Does anyone know if the Olympic 4x4 Products Xtreme Double Slider Bars will function as jack points? I like the look of them but it doesn't make sense to buy the rocker guards if they're not strong enough, or for any other reason, to use as jack points. Anyone?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Olympic double sliders on mine and feel pretty confident they'd work decently as a lift point. They've alread saved my rocker panels multiple times without bending toward my door or crushing the tube. The wall thickness of the tubing is substantial. These rails do not tie directly to the frame rail like some do. Instead, they utilize the two studs outboard of the body mounting pucks. Keep everything torqued and you should be good to go.

Keep an eye on your tire diameter. These probably will not handle tires much more than 35's without come trimming (see 34's below).

Old 09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default LtDanPup

Thanks for the info. Im intending to mount the guards upward like you have, looks great! As it stands I think I'll be doing a 2-1/2" lift and 34's so I think I should be ok. Never thought of the tire clearance issue though, thanks again! Great pic by the way!

Quick Reply: Hi Lift Jack with Olympic 4x4 Xtreme Double Slider Bars