Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hi-lift jack mount

Old 02-08-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-lift jack mount

I have a hi-lift jack that I have been trying to decide how to mount. There is a big trick! I have only owned my Jeep for one year so I am trying to make sure that all my mods are reversable. I know, I know, the dumbest thing ever, huh? I had bought a mount that used the Torx bolts of the hood. The more I thought of that, the less I liked the idea of possible banging the hood as I lifted the jack out. I saw this and it looks pretty cool:

hi-lift.com/accessories/tube-mount.html

I have a bumper that has a tube top (a Body Armor 19531). The only downside is that it appears that it would cover up the two upper bolt holes for a second set of fog/driving lights. I already have a set of PIAA 520 lights on either side of the winch and they are slightly adjustable up and down.
Here is the other consideration. I have extensive experience with easy trails, but very limited experience with moderate trails. I have a Warn 9000i (I drive a JK Rubicon) winch, a tree saver, a snatch block, and gloves specifically made for winches. I will NOT be doing any solo runs on moderate trails. Should I even worry about mounting the jack at this point or leave it off for later? Thanks for any replies and advice!

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-08-2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non-sponors
Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a mounting bracket that uses the roll bars. The hi-lift will sit above the trunk space.

Quick Reply: Hi-lift jack mount