Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hi-Lift install on the JK

Old 04-22-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schwarzjp
I just got my 48" Hi-Lift jack today from Quadratec. I'm rather disappointed--the bottom pin binds--I pretty much have to slam the handle up to get the bottom pin to walk.

I don't think it should be as tight as it is--gonna call Quadratec tomorrow to see if they'll replace it. The jack works (jacked up the JK in the driveway), but it's a hassle raising the jack w/o a load. Anyone else run into this with a Hi-Lift jack?

Yep, ...a hi-lift from Q-tec. I called them and told them about the problem and they sent me a replacement with a return shipping label for the defective one.

Call them though...email will not be effective.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did this install last summer and it's worked great. I used 3/4" unistrut (local electrical supply)--it's galvanized steel. I've since painted it black. My jack is easily accessible, and it is mounted securely and out of the way. I did have to drill holes in the bed rail to mount the bracket, but I can plug them with 3/8" plastic rivet caps (local tractor supply) if I ever decide to mount my jack somewhere else. Be careful if you drill your rails, they're not square underneath--measure twice (or three or four times) and drill once.

I just ordered a duster for my JK, so I may be moving my jack if I can't modify the duster to fit around my bracket.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Now that looks very interesting. Simple design, stable and I guess readily available parts that won't break the bank or require you to spend a week building it.

Quick Reply: Hi-Lift install on the JK