Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hi everyone a need help on my jk 2.8crd

Old 05-02-2014, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi everyone a need help on my jk 2.8crd

the jeep from one minute to another stopped working ... i turn off like a always do,after 2 minutes i turn on the ignition and nothing .. just made ​​a "tlac" as if he were low on battery and on the dashboard said _nofuse_ after trying 2.3 times appeared _done_ . brought up to my house on the trailer.
put another battery and after trying 2 times continued to do the same and the battery ran out i cheked the starter and tested it and it works 100% ..

i cheek the IOD fuse and its ok..

anyone can help me?
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04351.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	550080
Thank's
Old 05-02-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If i read this correctly.... The 2nd battery died just after two attempts to start the Jeep?
I would think it should last longer than that, which probably means something is shorted and quickly draining the battery.
It will not be easy, but you may want to check for any shorts in the wires, especially where they might rub against each other.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I disassembled the wire from the engine to body mass (it is located next to the exhaust manifold and will connect the body near the battery and the hood) sanded to make the best connection I set up another battery and it start, i dismounted the battery and went back to the original,mount (optima gel) connected the battery cables to another battery and did the same problem.
I disassembled the original battery and mounted again another battery and continues to do the same!
its really confuse
I really need help guys

Quick Reply: hi everyone a need help on my jk 2.8crd