Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hey guys. first post and first question

Old 07-21-2012, 12:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Pharm, If you save up a little money and get the wheels and tires at the same time you will have a lot more options like smaller wheels etc. I went from the stock 17s to 15 inch MB72s. I couldn't be more happy. 1. they look awesome, and 2. I will save so much money on new tires in the future seeing as how a 35x12.50r15 is about $115 less a tire than a 35x12.50r17. I think the smaller rim is completely worth paying over $500 less for a set of tires.

Oh and welcome the forum!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the replies everyone
Old 07-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JKCon
whats up guys. i just bought a 2007 Sahara Unlimited about a month ago and now im about to buy some new wheels. i dont have enough money for a lift or tires yet so id figure id make this my first upgrade. im looking to buy the KMC XD Monsters. I was just wondering if the new wheels would be fine on the tires i already have? thanks for the response
I believe the monsters are 9" wide. The factory wheels are 7.5" wide. They will work, but will be stretching the factory tires a bit, and may cause abnormal wear

Quick Reply: Hey guys. first post and first question