Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hey everyone

Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree just about everyone here, you've got a good setup to start with now. And the aev procal module at 150, is worth it to correct the speedo and odometer. It should also correct the avg mileage. It's also important to just take it out and get to know your rig wheeling as is. Have fun, good luck.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet jeep! Your ahead of me so far. I'm saving for a lift kit at the moment. After that I want a bumper that offers good protection from the deer around here. Like the other guy said you might want to invest in rock rails or steps to keep the rocks from dinging up the sides of your jeep from those tires. Goodluck and welcome to the forum!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ok , sorry

I just reread my posting and you guys are right , besides the fact that I'm an old fart(ha ha) I was off base , and I am sorry for some of the comments I made ! However I do standby , and I think all of you will agree , to stay on designated trails , don't trash the outdoors , and really learn how to wheel to learn what you need in the future . alot of stuff will make your rig look cool , but I guess I am more into what works for me on the trail. I still say underbody protection , bumpers , a tire carrier for that 35" , before the tailgate bends , like mine did. Then wheel the crap out of it!He already has a lift and 35s , don't need a snorkel , and with that , you can navigate your way thru , say , the Rubicon , Moab and whatever .
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dahreno
I just reread my posting and you guys are right , besides the fact that I'm an old fart(ha ha) I was off base , and I am sorry for some of the comments I made ! However I do standby , and I think all of you will agree , to stay on designated trails , don't trash the outdoors , and really learn how to wheel to learn what you need in the future . alot of stuff will make your rig look cool , but I guess I am more into what works for me on the trail. I still say underbody protection , bumpers , a tire carrier for that 35" , before the tailgate bends , like mine did. Then wheel the crap out of it!He already has a lift and 35s , don't need a snorkel , and with that , you can navigate your way thru , say , the Rubicon , Moab and whatever .
From one old fart to the other. Thanks for setting a good example on stepping up and doing the right thing. I too over speak sometimes. I guess to many years of parenting has numbed to certain things Way to go man. Awesome.

Ol' Bob
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got to start with bumpers.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Default Thanks Bob

Thanks , Bob!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Bump on the bumpers dude...Will change the look of the JK...Big Time...
Old 09-14-2012, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2 on the bumpers/ winch. Your jk already looks sweet...add some mean metal to it to help protect it. I personally run the smittybilt xrc front with an xrc8 winch, the smittybilt src rear and an orfab 85207 tire carrier.

I would have gone with the evo or posion spyder bumpers but it wasnt in my budget at the time.

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Default bumpers

OK , i'll offer a helpful hint . If you look at my jeep , the black one , you will see that my front bumper has a lowered winch mount , and that is a 9000ti Warn winch in there . It not only lowers the center of gravity , but doesn't impede flow to the radiator . also you need to know how wide you want your bumper , I like a shorty because I like to climb rocks and need access to my tires , without a bumper in the way. Good luck
Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone for the great tips I will start the work soon and I will post pics of it as I do everything to it

Quick Reply: Hey everyone