Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: 33's or 35's on a daily driver
33's
23.70%
35's (and regearing of course)
76.30%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Hey daily drivers, if $$$ were no object would you go 33's or 35's

Old 09-07-2009, 09:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Remember, there's only 1" difference between 33's and 35's in ground clearance. So, if money IS an issue, then you might want to think 33's. Since you said it was not, then by all means 35's and regear IF you're not happy. There are many people runnin 35's and 4.10's that are happy with them, though. If money was no object though, I'd go alot bigger than 35's.

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 09-07-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No surprise that it’s a landslide. My Rubicon came with 32’s good tires but it left me wanting more and we aren’t talking 33’s.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the masses, I just ordered a set of 35s and mine is a DD as well. Now I just have to order the lift to fit them, and get home to install.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:08 PM
JK Freak

35's and no regearing
Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

If money is no object... 35s and regear. Then again, if money is no object, why not 37s or larger? As a daily driver, perhaps larger than 37s would be a bit much, I'm just thinking about having to climb in and out, especially for the misses and kids. I have 37s on mine now and it is a daily driver. I would like to have bigger tires, but I think that is a bit of overkill and would make it a bit too impractical for a dd. If you don't want to go bigger than 35s for whatever reason, then go with 35s, because you won't really notice that much of a difference from stock to 33s.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeDoc
... My rig is a daily driver ...
Originally Posted by EyeDoc
... I've got to save cash up little by little ... I'm getting impatient
It appears to me you're just getting the tires for their looks (I didn't pick up on off-roading in your posts). So, only you can decide what you think looks best. And then, only you can decide if it's worth the wait. Personally, I went 33s with my 4.10 and manual gear box and I'm quite pleased. I may upgrade later to 35s--but not until I'm ready to regear and to do some work on the front axle--but then I do off-road, and breaking down half-way around White Rim Trail is not my idea of a good time.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toad
Technically, it depends on what you want to do with your jeep...do you want to wheel it occasionally or quite a bit? Do you want to wheel it over some challenging obstacles?
Mine is my daily driver and I went with 35s and 5:13 gears. But, I do alot of wheeling, both challenging and scenic. I have over 67,000 miles on my DD and I absolutely love it. Ask yourself how you plan on wheeling it and go from there.
Thanks for that reply Toad, I wish I was wheelin as much as you but right now its not in the cards so its basically its the occasional back roads for camping in the mountains or on the beaches in NC. Once that pesky monthly payment goes away (still a couple of years) I can beef up that D30 and hit some orv parks

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
If money was no object though, I'd go alot bigger than 35's.
Yeah if money really was no object... I'd be ordering a HEMI JK with D60's and 40's just because I could... but if you could see my wife's jaw hit the floor when I told her the cost of regear/35's/superchips it brought me back to reality real quick... quote "Why can't you drive it the way it is"

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It appears to me you're just getting the tires for their looks (I didn't pick up on off-roading in your posts). So, only you can decide what you think looks best. And then, only you can decide if it's worth the wait. Personally, I went 33s with my 4.10 and manual gear box and I'm quite pleased. I may upgrade later to 35s--but not until I'm ready to regear and to do some work on the front axle--but then I do off-road, and breaking down half-way around White Rim Trail is not my idea of a good time.
Yeah you're right I'm a mall crawler right now At least I can be the cool dad in the carpool line
Old 09-08-2009, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

35's on mine and is a DD and love it. I haven't regeared yet but would like to have the 4.88 gears with my 6 speed.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by armycop
My opinion for a daily driver:

2-door: 33's
4-door: 35's...

I totally agree. The 2 Doors look proportionally perfect with 33s, and the 4 doors absolutely need the 35s to look great.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Jedi

My 2dr is a daily driver/"dual purpose" rig. I drive it every single day to work and school, and to the trail on the trail and home from the trail. I have 35s and 5.13 gears. I had 33s (almost 34" around) put on my Jeep day one and it did ok with the 4.10s, but with the 35s it struggled. OD no longer existed. I say look at lots of photos and maybe a couple in person and then get the tires you really want. Then save up to regear for them.

Quick Reply: Hey daily drivers, if $$$ were no object would you go 33's or 35's