Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hescoe Supercharger any info

Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hescoe Supercharger any info

I am interested in increasing the power of my rig, i am not expecting nor looking for 370-400 hp V-8. I would like to have more poweer when driving long trips on the highway & climbing grades or fighting the wind. Wondering about some feedback from somebody who has this setup.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

i dont know about the hescoe blower but there are many threads about the ripp mods blower. may want to check them out as well.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BMPJDS
i dont know about the hescoe blower but there are many threads about the ripp mods blower. may want to check them out as well.
The RIPP supercharger delivers 100HP to the ground, if you have a 6speed you get a bit more. Its designed for every day use not only off-road applications. The kit installs in a few hours (6-7 hours) makes 8lbs of boost. We have logged a 6mpg increase, but most of our customers see 3-4 mpg increase. You will start making boost at 2500 rpm's great for rock climbing steep hill climbs or mud.

The RIPP supercharger is a great all-around kit. We drove it 2,800 miles to MOAB, messed around off-road, big climbs all types of crazyness, turned around and drove it another 2,800 miles home a week later.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can you use the stock air box with the RIPP SC? I understand you will get less flow, which means less boost. I ask because I really dont like how those CA things work in wet conditions. Also, I would be happy with another 50-60 horses.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocknredrubi
Can you use the stock air box with the RIPP SC? I understand you will get less flow, which means less boost. I ask because I really dont like how those CA things work in wet conditions. Also, I would be happy with another 50-60 horses.
Your stock air box will be eliminated, and the battery will take its place.
If your are concerned about "wet conditions" Our kit will easily adapt to the river raider snorkel. Equipped with the snorkel water is no problem at all
Just bolting on the the RIPP supercharger will deliver 95-100hp, the power loss will be minimal when using the snorkel but it will make you one step closer to being impervious to water.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

5 grand for 100 hp is pretty steep. other than the price the ripp mods supercharger sounds fantastic.

Quick Reply: Hescoe Supercharger any info