Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

here's the plan

Old 07-13-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default here's the plan

So the funds to repair my blown front diff and destroyed bumper are about 11 days out. And so here is the plan.... going from 3.21s to 4.88s and rather than just get the different carrier for the front I'm gonna go with an aussie locker. Im thinking that will meet all my offroading needs and probably then some. Got a good quote on that set up from northridge seems like a hood idea, also gonna order the aev hood louver, and a procal. Only thing I'm hung up on is the bumper. As I'm already gonna be over a grand so far I don't wanna drop a lot more just want a stubby with pull points and the potential to upgrayeDD down the road. Any input on any of that would be appreciated.

Sent from my NSA listening device
Old 07-13-2013, 04:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You're ok with a front auto-locker on winter roads? You might look at a truetrac instead of a new carrier and a lunchbox.

I went with the Rugged Ridge modular front bumper way back when they first came out. Might be an option.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You're ok with a front auto-locker on winter roads? You might look at a truetrac instead of a new carrier and a lunchbox.

I went with the Rugged Ridge modular front bumper way back when they first came out. Might be an option.
I told shawn at northridge I did not want an auto locker and that I didn't want to die in the winter, he suggested the aussie maybe he misunderstood me?

Old 07-13-2013, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

After some quick reading don't believe ill use the aussie. Just regear, poison spyder hood (not aev) and bumper

Old 07-13-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
maybe he misunderstood me?
That would be my guess. The aussie is definitely in the autolocker catagory, it just goes inside the stock carrier instead of being full case like the detroit. In your case, you would be buying a new carrier + the aussie, which puts you close to the cost of the truetrac I suggested (d30 truetrac should be somewhere around $380. Lunchbox + carrier should be somewhere around $320). Next step up would be any of the selectable lockers running around a grand.

And btw, autolockers don't mean you're going to die. They just take more getting used to and aren't for everyone. (I was much happier with a truetrac up front through Colorado winters than the detroit it replaced.)

Last edited by nthinuf; 07-13-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

I know I won't die, I just meant I don't want to get used to them in the midst of an idaho snow storm
Thanks for the input ill be giving dave or shawn a call again next week get this shit ordered and get my jeep out of the carport and into the mountains

Quick Reply: here's the plan