Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hemi, RIPP, and Superchips vs I-70 Denver to Moab

Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi, RIPP, and Superchips vs I-70 Denver to Moab

I just made the trip from Denver to Moab and back via I-70 over the continental divide.

The section of I-70 from Denver through Vail and back are notorious for being the ultimate test if a vehicle has enough power. Hold 65 on cruise control and you absolutely have enough. Maybe the Hemi-powered guys can do that.

Knowing that many are making the annual trip to Mecca (aka Moab) does anyone with a Hemi, RIPP supercharger, or Superchips Flashpaq care to comment the performance of their combination on this trip?
Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back, I got 17 mpg on the way home GJ to Denver. But I need some mo power. Told the mopar tech that this motor is embarrassing. haha. He said, "they know". Talks of bring back the I-6. I was some what pleased with the 5.13 and 34 combo. But I will be gettin the superchip when available. Still want a hemi.

The guys in the next room over said they will do a hemi swap for $10,500. they were from jeepspeed in CA. Just ship them the jeep. They were really cool and knew their $hi+.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've made the trip a few times in stock form. Today we made it for the first time with the Ripp SC... I gotta give Ripp some props. I was able to run up any speed I wanted; plenty of power.
I was a bit concerned with how it'd run at altitude, but it ran great. I have a boost gauge and a fuel/air gauge... they showed it was about as perfect as it could be.
Good job Ripp Mods!

Quick Reply: Hemi, RIPP, and Superchips vs I-70 Denver to Moab