Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hemi Milage

Old 01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
AEV is claiming 13/16 with the 3.8, 35" tires, and 4.88 gears, or 14/17 with the Hemi and the same setup, so you can expect maybe 1-2 more mpg depending on your driving style. The Hemi also runs on regular 87 octane fuel, so you won't have the additional cost of premium fuel that you would have with a supercharger.

I am not runnin premium or mid grade ( although the kit has a switch so you can ; which will give more power ) It is not necessary !!

I have more than enough power with 87 octane !!!! Ripp's electronics gives you both options and ( if you want ) you can install a switch to go back and forth between 87 and 91 octane !!!!

I am running a Methanol Injection Intercooler that I purchased from Ripp at the same time ... So they did most of the connections at the factory for me to connect it to the Supercharger Electronics !
Old 01-20-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Littlejon
The Hemi also runs on regular 87 octane fuel, so you won't have the additional cost of premium fuel that you would have with a supercharger.
The 5.7L Hemi MDS recommend 89 Octane....but I ran 87 Octane on my Dodge Magnum R/T and felt no difference in power or any difference in fuel mileage...but Manual states the 5.7L Hemi should run on 89 octane to avoid knocking. The 6.1L hemi requires 91 Octane.

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
I am not runnin premium or mid grade ( although the kit has a switch so you can ; which will give more power ) It is not necessary !!

I have more than enough power with 87 octane !!!! Ripp's electronics gives you both options and ( if you want ) you can install a switch to go back and forth between 87 and 91 octane !!!!

I am running a Methanol Injection Intercooler that I purchased from Ripp at the same time ... So they did most of the connections at the factory for me to connect it to the Supercharger Electronics !
How much did it cost you for the Supercharger & install???

Quick Reply: Hemi Milage