Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hemi conversion

Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oatz328

Glad you got a laugh out of it, but the EPA fuel mileage numbers are actually listed similar to the 3.8. For a standard displacement 6 cylinder, the 3.8l gets absolutely dismal fuel mileage. The idea of a more power for similar mileage interests me, but it sounds like the AEV kit is not as "plug and play" as they advertise
And the EPA report u got this hemi info from was NOT FOR THE AERODYNAMIC BRICK that we drive- the wrangler, so u are not comparing apples to apples. The hemi does not get same or better in the jeep wrangler in otherwise stock form.

All my ranting done, i luv the idea of a hemi or an ls1.....
I have chose the 5.3L chevy conversion LQ9 block-all aluminum. I was on fence about hemi but chevy engines more abundant in my area. Also got the chevy 6 spd auto.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would also like to add that the sorry 3.8L in a caravan will do 127mph getting 20mpg. So different vehicle, different result.

My poor old 2009 company caravan caught hell and that rig was loaded with parts boxes to the ceiling when it did it. sad part was at the time of that "speed test" i got passed by 3 cars while at top speed and this was not a race......amazing the speeds others drive between dallas and ftworth on i-30 at midnight! Lol. Ill bet they were laughing the whole time-they got home that night and prolly told their gf" did u know how fast a caravan can go?" I found out tonite!

Quick Reply: Hemi conversion