Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with winch mount

Old 08-17-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you get it mounted to the bumper? If i put the bolts in from underneath how do you get the nuts in the foot peg of the winch to hold it down?

If this needs explained better I will try.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

here's another approach

Old 08-17-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I like the way that you guys mounted the control box. Im asking more towards the way the bottom of the winch mounts to the winch plate in your bumper.

My rugged ridge bumper has the holes ready to mount a winch. However when you set the winch into its position, you cannot get your hand in there to twist the washers down on the bolt that is coming up from the bottom of the bumper. How did you guys get your bolts through your bumper to keep the winch in position?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

sound different than my install,I have very good access to bottom winch mount bolts with AEV bumper/winch mount
Old 08-18-2008, 02:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Ya I dont have very good access to the mounting bolts with the Rugged Ridge Bumper.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Hey, NOT hijacking your thread but am having similar mounting issues on the Bestop Highrock Bumper.

Are you guys saying that the solenoid can be mounted ANYWHERE as long as the wires are long enough? Does everyone that buys the M8000 need to purchase the solenoid bracket? I'd like to hide it behind the bumper. Do I need easy access to it? Are there switches on the solenoid?

Here's a link to my thread, any responses there woud be welcome. I am now subscribed to both.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...d=1#post648946
Old 08-25-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwikto
no that was to show the solinoid mount i sware

Yeah yeah. Looks good, though.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

WARLOCK

SORRY TO LEAVE YA HANGIN THERE YOU PORB. ALREADY GOT EVERYTHING TOGETHER BY NOW.

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GETTING THOSE MOUNTING BOLTS IN THROUGH THE BOTTOM IS A PAIN IN THE ars. I HAD TO USE SOME PLIERS TO HOLD THE FOOT BOLT IN PLACE WHILE I WENT IN FROM THE BOTTOM. BASICLY THERE IS A LITTLE SPACE ON TOP OF THE BOLT AND IF YOU CAN GET IT TO STAY DOWN IT WILL THREAD PROPERLY. ALSO DID YOU GET THE MOUNTING BRACKET OR DID YOU COME UP WITH ANOTHER SOLUTION?

Quick Reply: Help with winch mount