Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help-wheels spacers stuck!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedOffRoad
Ill post again. Two scenarios:

1) you want to reuse the spacers: In this case PB Blaster the hell out of them and rubber mallet them off. They will come, just need to be patient.

2) you do not want to reuse the spacers: heat them up and pry them off or take a hammer to them and beat them off.
Sounds like there's an echo in here.....
Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
If you plan to re-use them and they are aluminum, heat is a bad idea. It takes very little heat to anneal (soften) aluminum. I am sure others will disaggree but if was my rig I would not use heat (or spacers).
Times 3.. I am a mechanical engineering major and that sir is a no no
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok cool thanks everyone, i will definitely go get some pd-blaster cuz even gigaloo isnt working
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tonka_yellow
Times 3.. I am a mechanical engineering major and that sir is a no no
That makes you a M.E.M.! Hey MEM! haha
Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hammer a flat bladed screwdriver between the rotor and the spacer. They'll come off.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Ok this may sound nuts but at this point you really have nothing to lose, I mountain biked for years and sometimes aluminum seat posts will sieze in steel frames, what I have herd of doing was pour ammonia on them and break it loose, it dose work but you need to keep working in so keep hitting it with a plastic hammer.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run Spidertrax spacers on several Jeeps. I know this doesn't help now, but when you put them back on use Anti-Seize on the mating surfaces. I've never had any problem getting them off.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

After soaking them with PB, remove the lug nut that hold the spacer to the axle, which I am sure you have, then put the tire back on and the lug nuts that hold the tire to the spacer, then use the weight and leverage of the tire to try and wiggle it off! Just a thought I had.

I have new rims comming soon(back ordered black MB72's) and hope my Spidertrac's come off easy, might have to try my own advise!

P.S.....Stock 17's in the for sale section soon!

Last edited by GunDude; 03-07-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Slide hammer

Mine were stuck on there the forst time I took them off. I used a slide hammer attached to the wheel studs, that worked great. I also was able to get them off with the rubber mallet just took more patience but doable.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikegp
anyone have any suggestions to take off wheel spacers. i need to change my rotors but the damn spacers are stuck on.
i took all the nuts off and sprayed alot of wd-40 and hammered them with a rubber mallet but that shit wont come off.
the only other thing i could think of is to heat them up
Last time I had that problem, I used two sledge hammers at the same time, from both sides, one in each hand, and slowly rotating the hub. Works also great on tie rods, etc.

Quick Reply: Help-wheels spacers stuck!!!!!!!!!!