Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help with wheel size

Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with wheel size

I'm looking at putting 35" 12.50x17 on my 12 rubicon. what about of back spacing should the rims have. The jeep will have a 3.5 lift on it. I just need to know the back spacing for the wheels.
Thanks
Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the FAQ thread at the top of the sub-forum….

Q: What back spacing will I need on my wheels in order to clear 12.50 wide tires?

A: I would recommend that you do not exceed 4.75" of back spacing and even at that, you may still have some minor rubbing up front at a full turn. Also, I would recommend that you do not go any less than 3.75" as anything less would cause your tires to stick out very far past the fender flares. Any back spacing within this range should work out great. PLEASE NOTE: When discussing tire size, DO NOT take into consideration what the "actual size" of the tire is but rather, just what is listed on the sidewall.

You should really reading through the entire FAQ thread as it is chock full of good info.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...17/#post211274

Quick Reply: Help with wheel size